- Go to https://console.developers.google.com/project and log in or create an account, if necessary
- Сlick on the blue CREATE PROJECT button as depicted in the photo below. Wait a moment as google prepares your project. Troubleshooting: if you reached your project limit, then sign in with another Google Account or create a new one.
- Fill in whatever Project Name you want and click on blue CREATE button
- Go to Navigation menu on the left, find APIs & Services section, then select Library
- Search for “YouTube Data API” and click on it. Make sure you are selecting specifically “YouTube Data API” and not any other YouTube API
- Now click on the blue ENABLE button
- Click on CREATE CREDENTIALS button at the top right
- Follow Add credentials to your project guide:
- Make sure there is YouTube Data API v3 selected in Which API are you using?
- Select Public data in What data will you be accessing?
- Click NEXT
- Copy API key into Enter YouTube API key field on creation form:
- Done! Follow the next steps on the form to create YouTube app
Note: You can always access your YouTube API key in Credentials section of your Google Project
For any questions or issues with YouTube Channel template create a ticket in our Help Center