When updating your publication with a new app bundle, you may encounter the following error: "To upload an Android bundle, you must be enrolled in Play App Signing." A corresponding notification will likely appear at the top of your page, as shown in the following image:
To resolve this issue, you'll need to enroll in Play App Signing, and we have a step-by-step guide to help you with that process.
- Go to your Dashboard and select an app you're trying to update:
- Go to App Signing page and look into Step 3. Click to download Private key.
- Navigate to Developer console, select your app and go to Setup -> App integrity.
- Select "App signing".
- Select "Use existing app signing key from Java KeyStore".
- Click "Upload private key" and upload file obtained on Step 2.
- Done! Now you can go back to your draft and see that the release is now signed by Google Play. It should look like this:
Should you face any difficulties during this process or need further assistance, our dedicated support team is always ready to help. We aim to make your app updating process as smooth as possible.