Google Play now mandates that all apps utilizing a Virtual Private Network (VPN) service provide a justification for its usage. If you currently have a VPN app from AppsGeyser on Google Play or are attempting to publish a new one, you will need to complete a declaration form at some point. This guide will assist you through the process step-by-step:
- Open the Developer Console and select your app.
- From your app's main dashboard, go to 'App Content'. From there, navigate to 'Sensitive permissions and APIs', and then to 'VPN Service'.
- Fill in the form with exact values stated here:
- Is providing a VPN the core functionality of your application? Yes
- Video instructions: https://youtu.be/Y9jPNzZKg3I
- Does your VPN service collect personal and sensitive data? No
- Does your application redirect or manipulate user traffic from other apps on a device for monetization purposes? No
- Once the form is complete with the above details, save it, send changes to review in "Publishing overview" section, and wait for it to be reviewed by the Google Play team.
If you encounter any issues after submitting the form or have additional queries, feel free to create a support ticket detailing your concerns.